Data protection statement
This data protection statement is valid for OdeVie sàrl.
The provisions of this data protection statement predominates in case of contradiction of any kind, between these and other contractual conditions or the general conditions of OdeVie sàrl that are applicable for the surplus.
The data protection is a matter of trust and it is very important to us: we respect your personality and your private life. Likewise, we want to guarantee the protection of your personal data and their processing in accordance with legislation.
It is important for us to receive your consent concerning the processing of your personal data. In this data protection statement, we meticulously explain to you the methods we use in the matter. Then, it is up to you to decide if you want your data to be processed or not.
This data protection statement englobes past as well as future information. If you give your consent to the processing of your personal data, these operations will not only concern information we will receive in the future but also those that were already given. When, in this data protection statement, we speak of processing your personal data, we mean any operation related to it. For instance:
- Or deleting your personal data
1. How do we protect your personal data?
We possess technical and organizational means to guarantee the security of your personal data. Thus, we are able to protect your session data and your personal data against risks of unauthorized and illegitimate processing and/or against risks of loss, modification, disclosure or unintentional access opening. However, you should be aware that information transmission via the internet and other electronic vehicles harbor security risks and that we cannot ensure a guarantee on what concerns the security of information transmission via these canals.
2. For how long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for as long as we find it essential or appropriate so that we ensure the respect of the laws in force, or as long as they answer a necessity in regards of the goals for which they were collected. We delete your personal data as soon as they lose their utility and, at all events, when the storage time that is determined by law expires.
3. What are your rights on your personal data?
At any time, you are authorized to assert your rights on the protection of your data. You are particularly authorized to ask for information on your registered personal data, to correct or complete them, to oppose their processing or to demain their deletion. You will find on the 4th article below the details of the services to whom you may address your query. We reserve the right to interact with you by electric media (more particularly by email) on the previously-mentioned subjects.
4. How can you contact us?
If you want to assert your rights concerning your personal data or if you have any question or reluctance on the way they are processed, you can contact us by email: email@example.com. We will reply to your questions and worries as fast as we can.
5. Who is the carrier of the file of the collected data?
We are required by law to communicate to you the name of the carrier of the file that contains your personal data. It is OdeVie sàrl, Clos de la Fonderie 17, 1227 Carouge, Switzerland.
6. When do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data when we come to interact with you in multiple situations. It is the case, for example, in such instances:
- When you buy our products via our internet pages,
- When you participate in our classes, seminars or other training courses;
- When you order and use one of our client or fidelity cards;
- When you receive a newsletters or an other vector of advertisement concerning our merchandise and services;
- When you become a member of one of our customer loyalty programs;
- When you participate in one of our market studies or in one of our opinion surveys;
- When you use one of our internet pages, one of our mobile apps, our offers on internet platforms, multimedia portals, social media, or interact with us or with third parties via these means;
- When you interact with us by phone, fax, email, vocal information, tshort message service (SMS), multimedia messaging service (MMS), video information or instant messaging;
- When you contact us during particular occasions such as events, promotional activities, sponsoring activities or cultural and sporting demonstrations.
7. Which personal data do we collect?
The collected personal data are diverse. On one hand, it is the data that you make yourself available for us. One the other, it is the data that is automatically or manually entered during your interactions with us. It is the case of the data below.
Data related to the person:
- First and last name;
- Birth date and age;
- Purchase tendencies regarding our products;
- Shipping address;
- Billing address;
- Account information in case of bank transfer;
- Preferred language;
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Client number and fidelity card;
- Information on newsletters or other ad vehicle subscription;
- consent for receiving advertisement;
- information on the online client account (as well as the opening date, username, profil picture);
Data related to the customer’s activity:
- Data related to contracts and invoices (as well as date, nature and content of contract, contracting parties, duration and contractual values as well as the claims on the basis of the contract)
- Information on purchase behavior (as well as date, place and hour of purchase, type, quantity and value of merchandise or service that was bought, basket, interrupted basket, payment methods that were used, pay office, purchase history);
- Information on client service (as well as returned merchandise, complaints, guarantee case, information concerning the deliveries);
- Data on sessions related to the consulting of our web pages, mobile apps or offers on web platforms, multimedia portals or social media (as well as duration and frequency of visits, language and preselected countries, information concerning the computer navigator and system of exploitation, protocole address, internet, key words and search results, issued evaluation);
- Location data in case of a mobile device being used;
- Information concerning fidelity points accumulated by the holders of client and fidelity cards;
- Interactions by phone, fax, email, vocal information, texts (SMS), multimedia messaging, instant messaging.
8. Why do we process personal data?
We process your personal data for several reasons that can be listed in various categories. In particular, we can process all or only a part of your personal data for at least one of the goals listed below:
8.1 Goals related to our merchandise and service offers
- Preparing and selling our merchandises and services;
- Executing purchases and contracts, namely sending purchase confirmation, shipping and delivery, as well as billing and shipping operations;
- Organizing and developing classes, seminars or training courses;
- Organizing and developing client service delivery;
- Organizing and developing client or fidelity card programs;
- Organizing and developing market studies and surveys;
- Controlling customer solvency.
8.2 Reasons related to customer communication
- preparing, managing, and executing customer communication via mail or electronic means of communication;
- Commercial communication by mail as well as by phone, fax, email, speech information, text (SMS), multimedia messaging (MMS), video information or instant messaging;
- Evaluating the use of our offers by phone, fax, email, speech information, text (SMS), multimedia messaging (MMS), video information or instant messaging related matters such as type, frequency, duration and exact place of use.
8.3 Reasons related to activities and particular events
- Organizing and developing contests or lotteries, namely inform winner and publish the name of these persons on our Web pages and our mobile apps, as well as via our offers on Web pages, multimedia portals or social media;
- Organizing and developing particular events such as events, promotional activities, sponsoring activities or cultural and sporting demonstrations.
8.4 Reasons related to direct marketing
- Simplifying processes, in particular those of purchase or reservation, and exploiting observations made from analyses of customer behavior that were done to improve our merchandise and service offers;
- Preventing useless advertisement through the observation that came from analyses of customer behavior that were done to individualize and personalize our marketing;
- Sending individualized and personalized advertisement by mail or by phone, fax, email, speech information, texts (SMS), multimedia messaging (MMS), video information or instant messaging;
- Adapting individualized and personalized offers and advertisement on our Web pages or mobile apps, or on Web plateforms, multimedia portals and social media.
9. To whom do we transmit your personal data?
We only transmit your data to providers related to shipments.
Your data are NEVER transmitted to external providers that have no direct link to the execution or our activities.
These service providers are contractually required to process the personal data exclusively within the limits of term that are given to them and according to our instructions. We demand that our service providers respect the proper organizational and technical measures to guarantee the protection of personal data. If these operate in countries in which the current legislation does not ensure the protection of personal data to the same degree that in Switzerland, we commit ourselves by contract so that our providers respect the same degree of data protection that in Switzerland.
If we find it necessary, we might also transmit your personal data due to the request of courts or due to the order of competent authorities, or due to other legal obligations to protect and defend our rights or our heritage assets so that we respect the current law.
On our Web pages, we use « cookies » that consist of small text files that are stored in our computers or mobile devices when you visit one of Web pages. We also intend on completely informing you hereinafter on the use of these cookies.
10.2 Which cookies do we use?
Most of the cookies we use are automatically deleted from our computers and mobile devices at the end of the navigation session (session cookies). We use, for instance, session cookies to record the country or language you selected as well as your basket when you continue your Web session on several pages.
In addition, we also use temporary or permanent cookies that remain stored on your computer or mobile device beyond the end of the navigation session. During each new visit on our website, your data and preferred settings are automatically recognized. These temporary or permanent cookies, that remain stored for a month and ten years on your computer, are automatically de-activated at the end of this term. They serve to make your navigation easier, safer, more efficient and more pleasant.
10.3 Which data are stored in cookies?
No personal data is stored in the cookies we use. These cannot be attributed to any given person. During the activation of a cookie, a new identification number is given to it.
10.4 How can you prevent the storage of cookies?
While most the Web navigators automatically accept the storage of cookies durant the consulting of a Web page, you can still make your navigator refuse those or only accept them when the question is asked. The possibility to deleted stored cookies from your computer or mobile devices is also offered by using one of the functions in your Web navigator.
11. How do we use the log data?
During each consulting of our Web pages, certain data on Web navigator uses are transmitted to us for technical reasons and are stored in our diary files, called log files: date and time of call of our Web pages, name of Web page, IP address of your computer or your mobile device; address through which you have reached our page, volume of transmitted data as well as the name and version of your web navigator.
The evaluation of the log files helps us improve our web offers and to adapt them in a more pleasant way, to detect errors and correct them faster, and to adjust the capacity of the server. From these log files, we can know at what time your Web offers are the most consulted and, thus, make the right volume of data available to guarantee the best use possible.
We do not use third parties log files to spy on your purchase tendencies or on other navigation tendencies. The only log files that are used are linked to the Odevie website.
12. How do we use our tools of website analysis?
To improve and constantly optimise our Web offers, we use tracking technologies: analysis tools that allow us to establish statistics and graphics on the use of our webpages. The usage data that was observed are transmitted to a specific server that can be abroad according to the provider of Web analysis tool. For the one that is the most often used, Google Analytics, the stored data are transmitted with a shortened IP address, which blocks any identification of particular device. Google respects the relative laws on data protection that are defined by the «Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework» agreement and is registered on the «Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield» program of the United Staes Department of Commerce (you can find more information here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/Swiss-US-Privacy-Shield-FAQs). The IP address that is transmitted by your navigator through Google Analytics is not mutualized with other data. A re-transmission of data by Google to other parties can only be done due to legal provisions or due to the term of data process.
It is possible to prevent the storage of data related to your Web usage (as well as your IP address) generated by cookies, as well as the data process by Google, by downloading a navigation plugin (complementary module) on this link :https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr. More detailed information concerning Google Analytics and the Data protection are given on these two addresses as well: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=fr.
13. How do we use social plugins?
Our web pages use social plugins, for instance those of the providers of networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. Notified by the logo of such providers, these plugins can consist of buttons such as « Like this », « Google+ », « Twitter ».
If you summon one of our pages that contain such plugin, your navigator will create a direct link with the provider’s server. The content of the plugin will be transmitted to your navigator by the provider’s website, and then embedded in the consulted web page by it. From this, the provider is informed of what you have called the web page. And if you are already logged on it, it can link the page’s consultation to your profile. When you interact with the plugin, for instance by clicking on the « like » button or by entering a comment, the information will be transmitted to the provider by your navigator and will be stored on its server.
If you do not wish for providers to collect data that concerns you via our Web page, you have to log out from the providers before consulting our pages. Be also aware that if you have already logged out, providers collect anonymous data via social plugins by installing a cookie on your computer. These data could later on be attributed to your profile as you long on.
If a login is proposed to you via a social login service, for instance « Facebook Connect », an exchange of data will take place between the provider and our page. In the case of « Facebook Connect », it could be taking data from your public Facebook profile. By using such Login Services, you authorize the transfer of data.
For any information on the goal and the extent of the collection of your data and the process that follows by the providers, as well as your rights on the protection of your private life and the possibility to delete such data, we encourage you to consult the pages of the providers:
- Facebook Ireland Ltd. resp. Facebook Inc.: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google Inc.: http://www.google.com/intl/de/privacy/plusone/
- Twitter Inc.: http://twitter.com/privacy
If you do not wish for them to collect data via cookies, you can select in your settings of navigations the function that blocks third provider cookies. Following this setting, the navigator will no longer send any cookie to their servers. However, it is possible that other functions stop functioning.